Jerome Maldonado’s passion for, and knowledge of, real estate development (and the art of making money), will pique everyone’s interest in the subject. He started out with very little, managed to survive the 2008 recession, and has built up an extremely successful real estate development company, J. Jacob Enterprises Inc. Jerome focuses on the opportunities that exist in seemingly dire situations, and through hard work, skill, and the valuable relationships he has built up over his 20 years in the real estate business, he managed to sail through the shock of the COVID-19 pandemic unscathed. One of his current main ventures is warehouses, specifically those which service the booming e-commerce industry; Jerome sees the beauty in this ‘ugly real estate’ and is excited about the potential for major capital generation in this space. Jerome is clearly a master of his field and he is eager to impart his wealth of knowledge (and knowledge of wealth) onto others. His Real Estate Domination event is taking place on the 6th, 7th, and 8th of November 2020 - whether you are looking to ‘compound your success’ or are still on the road to making a success of yourself, this online event is not one to be missed! Link to the webinar registration can be found below.
Key Points From This Episode:
- Why the “ugly real estate” space is exciting.
- Massive growth in the e-commerce sector.
- Impacts of the COVID-19 pandemic on the hospitality industry.
- The mental phases that real estate owners experience when they are in financial distress.
- When the best time is to make a profit in real estate.
- Taking advantage of challenging situations in order to create opportunities and wealth.
- What to expect from the upcoming Real Estate Domination event (and why you should attend!).
- Importance of establishing good business relationships.
- Learning from mistakes: don’t become overconfident and sloppy.
“Where there’s a downturn, there’s also opportunity” — Jerome Maldonado [0:02:04:3]
“That’s where wealth is made and you can either be a part of the problem or you can be a part of the solution. When you’re a part of the solution, you’re creating economic opportunity. ” — Jerome Maldonado [0:11:28:7]
“What I love about real estate is that I can compound my capital and so that is my phrase; compound your success.” — Jerome Maldonado [0:24:11:5]
Always stay true to your systems, your beliefs and your underwriting and what you are taught, regardless of how the market is. - Jerome Maldonado [0:24:31:9]
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode: