Kris Reid, ‘The Coolest Guy in SEO,’ joins us today to share some of his valuable knowledge around digital marketing. The digital space is becoming more relevant by the day and the traffic on one’s website can be the determining factor between failure and success. There is much more to a successful website than just making it look good; if you want people to visit your page, and more importantly, make use of your services or buy your products, there are certain tools that you can use to ensure this. Kris talks us through some of these tools, his journey into the SEO space, the importance of having a growth plan for your business, how backlinks work and why you need them, and more! We learned a lot from this interview and for anyone looking to start a real estate company, or any company for that matter - don’t miss this episode!
Key Points From This Episode:
- Kris’s journey from big banks to online games to SEO.
- Why a good digital marketing strategy is key to a successful business.
- The importance of having a plan and knowing ‘what success looks like to you.’
- The difference between SEM and SEO (and why SEO is the way to go).
- Keyword research should always be your starting point.
- Tips for getting traffic boosts on your website.
- How backlinks work and why they are the secret behind Google.
- Ways to utilize SEO to build trust in your potential customer base and Google.
- Kris’s suggestions for what to do when starting a business.
“A website is like a business card, a business card doesn’t work if it’s sitting in your desk drawer, you got to get out there and hand it out. The same with your website.” — @coolestGuyInSEO [0:04:14]
“You need to be able to grow with consistency and that’s what a really good digital marketing strategy can do for you.” — @coolestGuyInSEO [0:05:45]
“An expert can make something look easy, doesn’t mean it is easy.” — @coolestGuyInSEO [0:21:14]
“You don’t have to reinvent the wheel. You can just see who’s doing good and follow their lead.” — @coolestGuyInSEO [0:22:29]
“Having more customers coming in than going out lets you fight another day.” — @coolestGuyInSEO [0:22:49]
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
Kris Reid on Twitter
Kris Reid on LinkedIn