It is in our best interest to find the most productive place to grow our wealth, but conventional tax-deferred retirement plans violate that principle. Today’s guest is Mark Willis and he joins us to share his wisdom on why we have been saving incorrectly, as well as how he can help! Mark is a man on a mission to help you think differently about your money, your economy, and your future. He is a certified financial planner, a three-time number-one bestselling author, and the owner of Lake Growth Financial Services, a financial firm in Chicago, Illinois. In this episode, Mark starts by explaining why tax-deferred retirement accounts aren’t great wealth preservation instruments. From there, he talks about how he can help clients grow their wealth consistently by teaching them to build tax-free streams of retirement income. He also explains how the stock market doesn’t produce the returns people believe it does and how he offers various contracts that provide clients a far better option for growing their money. Listeners also get to hear Mark weigh in on concepts like how to use money as a tool, how to move upstream financially, and how to meet your financial goals without taking on unnecessary risks. So for all this and more on the topic of what we can start doing to build real wealth today, be sure to tune in!
Key Points From This Episode:
- Introducing Mark, his projects, and work helping his clients built real wealth.
- Mark helps listeners understand what tax-deferred retirement accounts are.
- How Mark helps clients build tax-free streams of retirement income.
- The real rate of return that investors can expect from the stock market.
- The link between volatility and the process of good stock market returns becoming bad ones.
- Contracts available provided by Mark that help clients grow their wealth consistently.
- The ideal attributes of an investment portfolio in Mark’s opinion.
- How people can meet their financial goals without taking unnecessary risks.
- Going upstream financially; going from the borrower to the banker.
- Mark’s favorite tool, biggest mistake, and life plan for reaching the next level.
- How to reach Mark online and take advantage of his amazing services!
“The question is, would you rather pay your taxes on the seed or the harvest?” — @LakeGrowth [0:04:43]
“Is it worth the market madness that we’ve gone through over the last 30 years, which includes a couple of great bull markets, is it really worth 3.8%? I’m going to say no with my money.” — @LakeGrowth [0:08:05]
“A contract and insurance gives you a predictable increase of wealth every single year.
One of those contracts is whole life insurance, that’s one but there’s maybe two dozen or so that we’ve specialized in, in our firm.” — @LakeGrowth [0:11:37]
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode: