Today’s guest is Bronson Hill, the Founder, and CEO of Bronson Equity. He has raised over $15 million for real estate investment and is a general partner in over $60 million worth of real estate around the US. He is the host of a large multifamily meetup in Pasadena, California, FIBI Pasadena Multifamily, the author of the report, The Single Best Investment Strategy During (and After) a Pandemic, and a regular contributor to YouTube, BiggerPockets, and other platforms. In this episode, Bronson shares his journey and expertise, explaining why busy professionals would choose multifamily, what drew him to syndication, and how to establish trust with investors, as well as his advice for finding deals, building relationships, and adding value. Make sure to tune in today!
Key Points From This Episode:
- Learn more about Bronson, his background, and his multifamily real estate journey.
- The value of finding a reputable team to help you grow your passive income.
- Why busy professionals should passively invest in multifamily over other asset classes: time, scalability, and tax benefits.
- Advice for investing in the stock market: view buying shares as buying a piece of a company.
- Why Bronson is drawn to multifamily syndication: how it allows for greater scalability.
- He emphasizes the importance of establishing trust with investors, conservative underwriting, and asking sponsors what went wrong.
- The myth of passive investing in that you actively need to know everything about the deal.
- Creative methods Bronson has used to maintain investor’s trust, like constantly adding value.
- Some of the best ways to find these syndication deals, including meetups and podcasts.
- Hear about the origins of Bronson Equity and the process of growing the company.
- The tools that Bronson can’t do without, including Google Sheets and City-Data.com.
- What he learned from his biggest mistake: the value of a performance contract.
- To grow his life to the next level, Bronson needs to continue networking and finding deals.
“There are some amazing benefits [to passive multifamily investing] that help people to maximize their use of time, as well as growing their income without taking up more of their time, as well as the tax benefits.” — Bronson Hill [0:07:24]
“The most important thing when it comes to your investments and how they perform [is] who you invest with.” — Bronson Hill [0:11:40]
“It is really getting out, learning, meeting new people that can get you to that next level, whether you’re passive or you’re active. That relationship can really be powerful.” — Bronson Hill [0:18:43]
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode: