Working with property managers is not always easy. It involves setting clear expectations upfront and having difficult conversations at times. Kaylee McMahon does not shy away from these talks because she knows what is at stake. Kaylee is known as The Apartment Queen, and after today’s episode, you will understand why! We sit down to talk about her criteria when hiring a property manager, the importance of having strong project management skills, and how to transition from one property manager to another. We could all do with learning more about how to work better with our property managers, so be sure to tune in today!
Key Points From This Episode:
- Get to know Kaylee and what she is currently focused on.
- What makes a good property manager, according to Kaylee.
- The importance of good property management skills and the tools which Kaylee uses.
- Some of the reasons Kaylee has fired property managers in the past.
- Kaylee’s good and bad experiences of transitioning between property managers.
- Why your property managers mustn’t have access to your account.
- Kaylee’s asset management superpower: having tough conversations.
“I like to treat people how I want to be treated, I’m in real estate, commercial real estate to be specific.” — Kaylee McMahon [0:01:01]
“Just set expectations upfront.” — Kaylee McMahon [0:05:53]
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode: